[Dixielandjazz] Comfort Food Jazz

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Thu May 13 08:46:53 PDT 2010

Sure, play trad jazz.
Nevertheless, Steve may be right: what's wrong in playing more Rodgers
and Hammerstein AS trad jazz?  Trad jazz bands play a lot of their
music already - why not more?
Many years ago, when someone enquired of Wilbur de Paris about his
band's repertoire, he replied: "We have no repertoire; we play
anything that can be jazzed on."  While we know now that his band
indeed HAD a repertoire, the approach itself is very healthy.
Cheers