[Dixielandjazz] Concord Records-- marketing philosopy , Suggestion about bands working together to make a Dixieland Label

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue May 11 02:52:03 PDT 2010

> My memory as teenager in the late 1970's when I first got into jazz was waiting and wondering what was next on the label.  Exciting times.  This was a bit like Nagel Heyer through the late 90's and early 00's.  This label too seems to have lost its early direction - at least it is still releasing jazz discs but not the great mainstream they built the label on.  Sadly all we seem to have now is Arbors - long may they remain producing great mainstream jazz

Mainstream - perhaps; I guess you mean what in America would be
classified as swing.
But for traditional - there is the GHB Foundation, with its
traditional jazz labels: American Music, Jazzology, GHB and Solo Art,
+ some swing and some modern on Progressive; it also prduces big band
CDs on Circle, and some swing recordings on Audiophile.

Another large traditional label is Stomp Off, which also issues
ragtime recordings.

And the traditional California labels - Trad Jazz, for example.

Cheers