[Dixielandjazz] Question: "Naked Gun" film

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 6 02:57:27 PDT 2010

Robert Ringwald asked on behalf of a friend:
> In the 1988 Leslie Nielson comedy Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad!
> There's a ragtime or stride-style piano audio track  playing visually from a player
> piano. Very uptempo, infectious. It happens briefly in two scenes, both where Nielson
> is rifling the bad guy's office.
> Does anyone know the title, composer and performer? And is it available on record?

Dear Bob,
After a lot of searching the research finger keeps pointing to pianist Randy Waldman.
The music arranger for the film was by Ira Newborn.
Super-slueth Dave Richoux should be able to build on this.
8>)
There was a soundtrack CD, planned/released in the 90s but I do not have details.
Very kind regards,
Bill.