[Dixielandjazz] Ray Ronnei

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Mon May 3 10:54:01 PDT 2010

Per the recent thread on Ray Ronnei.  This from Hal Smith.

Hi, Bob. "Papa Ray" is retired from music; living in a Los Angeles suburb. His song "Salty Bubble" was used recently on the soundtrack of Woody Allen's film "Whatever Works." Katie Cavera and I put together a slide show on Ray Ronnei, which is up on You Tube. Do a search for "Papa Ray" and it should come up. Also, Clint Baker and I have put together a band called the New El Dorado Jazz Band (with Mike Baird, Carl Sonny Leyland, Katie Cavera, Georgia Korba) and Marc Caparone is in charge of the Ray Ronnei parts. The band has recorded a CD, can be seen on You Tube and will be playing at the Fresno and Chattanooga festivals in 2011. Best, Hal ---------- Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone