[Dixielandjazz] Use of You Tube to Find Music

Bert Brandsma mister_bertje at hotmail.com
Sat May 1 21:45:39 PDT 2010

Youtube is just great for any music that is kind of banned from airplay on radio and TV.It's big advantage on TV is that you can listen and watch at the time you want.
Another great thing that it helped to find gigs. Our band, the Dixieland Crackerjacks, got tours to Portugal and twice to Poland thanks to youtube, besides several concerts in Germany and the Netherlands.It also helped to build an international following, selling many CDs when our newest came out.
Here are the 3 latest oploads :
Hello Dolly (only 4 musicians) :   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6KGW3deVuc
Brassband kind of thing with 8 :    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAHYXkIH6O4
Jazzclub in Rotterdam :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTuKkuvbWk0
Kind regards,
Bert Brandsma
www.dixielandcrackerjacks.com

I want to thank the lady who recommended using You Tube to locate music fromvarious jazz festivals.  I am probably the only human left who didn't knowabout using You tube for just about anything.  It opened up a new world forme.  I am now going to www.youtube.com and entering all kinds of things inthe search box.  I have found videos of everything from current stuff byHigh Sierra to a 1973 clip of Turk Murphy's jazz band.  I now understand whyso many employers have blocked You Tube on emplyee computers.  There isliterally no end to the videos.  Employees could easily spend the day withear phones and You Tube.  Anyway, thanks again.Jim Mullins