[Dixielandjazz] HBO Treme series - slightly OT?

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Mar 29 10:24:41 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I have been seeing trailers and clips from this new TV series on HBO -
lots of "Post Katrina" New Orleans Brass Band action is being shown,
and it looks like the lives of some musicians are central to the plot.
While current style NOBB might not be OKOM for some of us, it is a
closely related to the roots of Jazz, and I am going to be checking
the show out!  Since it is HBO I am sure it will have some "Adult
Themes and Language" but that is like real life ;-)

There is more info at www.hbo.com/treme/index.html   you might need a
good internet connection to watch the videos - and there is no
indication of an international schedule that I can see... check your
local listings, as they say!

Dave Richoux