[Dixielandjazz] OzOd ~ Where Am I?

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Fri Mar 26 11:29:48 PDT 2010

Good Afternoon,

Just heard a band on an ozjazzpod and it sounded like an Ozband but it wasn't ~ it was those damn Firemen on San Antonio Rose.  They crept up on me!

I feel wobbly pass the smelling salts I've overdosed on 2 beat tuba jazz.

If that weren't bad enough I had the double size Dixieland band of Pete Fountain to deal with.

All this followed an interview where Artie Shaw describes the impact of Armstrong's Savoy Blues solo.  Where did it all go wrong?

In need of some Buck, Red, Roy, Lester ...... some Kid Thomas should bring me round.

Richard OzOd Log ... those vintage OzOriginals are hard to track down.

Where's Jack & Bill when I need them  ~ bxxxxx Time Zones.  Add 2 xx it should read blinking!

Is it true that the Tuba was introduced into Australia to control the native Accordion.