[Dixielandjazz] Drop me off in New Orleans

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:37:44 PDT 2010

While I do not know the lyrics to it, I believe that "Drop Me Off in New
Orleans" was another composition by Kermit Ruffins, who Steve Barbone
earlier identified as the composer of "Good Morning New Orleans"

"Drop Me Off in Harlem" was a composition of Edward Kennedy "Duke"
Ellington.with lyrics creditted to the syndicated columnist Nick Kenny.

While it might not necessarily provide one with a link in order to hear the
number being played, lyrics may often be found by simply going to
Google.com, and then typing in "lyrics to (and the name of the song)"

I did so yesterday with regard to the former number and was able to provide
either the verse or chorus to our distinguished Swedish colleague but I told
him I was not certain as to which I was sending him.

I'm reasonably certain that this was clarified when he clicked onto the link
that Steve provided earlier today.

HC