[Dixielandjazz] Bb suit

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 08:03:30 PDT 2010

geez, even in my current youthful state, I know what a Bb anything means...

One of my college band directors commissioned a "basic Bb fanfare" from the composition dept chair.  The result:  "Your Basic Bb Fanfare for Brass" by Gerald Kemner.  Don't look for it in stores.  It actually ended in C, if I remember correctly.

Of course, guitar players would show up wearing totally unmatching pieces.  Tell them an "E suit" and life is good.

steve