[Dixielandjazz] The 19th International Bohem Ragtime & Jazz Festival

Ittzés Tamás bohem at fibermail.hu
Mon Mar 22 02:44:54 PDT 2010

Thanks for the kind words, Bob. Harry and all others who might not be
sure about the details regarding our online broadcast:

There are 2 categories in payment:
a) 1350 HUF (8 USD / 5 EUR) for the live broadcast during this weekend
(exact broadcasting schedule is on the website)
b) 2700 HUF (16 USD / 10 EUR) for the live broadcast PLUS later views
between April 1 - May 31. ANY time and for unlimited number of views.
Once you subscribe to this option, you'll have the chance to re-watch
the festival any time you want. The concerts will be uploaded to our
server in portions and you can watch it from there (the server is in
California, by the way), so no need to schedule yourself to a live
streaming then. You can see part of it then continue two days later or
whenever.

Note that we have to do the payment part in Hungarian Forints thus the
price given in Dollar and Euro can slightly change according to the
actual rate but it's basically what is given.

Once again, see the Bohem festival OnLine at
http://www.jazzfestivalmarketing.com/live-e.html

Hope to great you from your screen :-)

Tamas

------
Bob Ringwald wrote:

Besides seeing the great festival that Tamas Ittzes puts on, if you can
possibly make it, spend a few extra days sightseeing.  It is a great
country to visit.  Lots of really neat sights to see.  And the people
are very, very nice.

No loud yelling on the streets, no swearing and bad manners.

The Hungarians take their music and arts very seriously.  All the pianos
are tuned and in good shape -- All of the PA systems are excellent and
the sound people operating them really know what they are doing.

The Hungarians love American Jazz, and that includes the teenagers.

I had one 18 year old classical violin player tell me that our music was
her favorite.

Been there twice performing and would go back in a heart beat.

And, to cap the whole thing off, Tamas is a wonderful, warm individual
who puts the festival on practically single-handed.  I know he has some
volunteers who do a great job, but it just couldn't happen without
Tamas.  If you haven't had a chance to meet him and to hear his band
when he has been     in the states, be sure to the next time they are
here.  And, if you can, go to his festival.  And if you can't, at least
subscribe to the Internet service to watch it online.

I know that Tamas dips into his pocket each year to keep this festival
going.  I'd like to see it prosper.

Tamas ITTZES
violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival organizer
Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band
Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Mailing address: H-6001 KECSKEMET, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone: +36(20)82-447-82
E-mails: tamas at bohemragtime.com, bohem at fibermail.hu
Web site: http://www.bohemragtime.com