[Dixielandjazz] The 19th International Bohem Ragtime & Jazz Festival

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sun Mar 21 11:52:17 PDT 2010

Besides seeing the great festival that Tamas Ittzes puts on, if you can possibly make it, spend a few extra days sightseeing.  It is a great country to visit.  Lots of really neat sights to see.  And the people are very, very nice.

No loud yelling on the streets, no swearing and bad manners.

The Hungarians take their music and arts very seriously.  All the pianos are tuned and in good shape -- All of the PA systems are excellent and the sound people operating them really know what they are doing.

The Hungarians love American Jazz, and that includes the teenagers.

I had one 18 year old classical violin player tell me that our music was her favorite.

Been there twice performing and would go back in a heart beat.

And, to cap the whole thing off, Tamas is a wonderful, warm individual who puts the festival on practically single-handed.  I know he has some volunteers who do a great job, but it just couldn't happen without Tamas.  If you haven't had a chance to meet him and to hear his band when he has been     in the states, be sure to the next time they are here.  And, if you can, go to his festival.  And if you can't, at least subscribe to the Internet service to watch it online.

I know that Tamas dips into his pocket each year to keep this festival going.  I'd like to see it prosper.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
rsr at ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
916/806-9551

Check out our latest recording at www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

Doesn't "expecting the unexpected" make the unexpected expected?