[Dixielandjazz] Ian Christie, R.I.P.

Bob Smith robert.smith at tele2.no
Sat Mar 20 12:48:03 PDT 2010

I was deeply sorry to hear of the death of Ian Christie. I first heard him
with Humphrey Lyttelton at the Town Hall in Birmingham, England in the
1950's. As well as solos, he and Wally Fawkes played some fine clarinet
duets.
Through the good offices of listmate Hugh Crozier I was able to do a
telephone interview with Ian on 2006-12-14 which was senr on my local radio
jazz programme 2006-12-29. In this interview he expressed a wish to play in
Norway. Unfortunately this was never to be.
I have an MP3 of this interview (length 15:13 minutes) if any of you would
like a copy.

Bob Smith