[Dixielandjazz] Correction ~ Congo Square

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 17 17:43:55 PDT 2010

Hi Richard,

I have a few recordings of the New Orleans Jazz Club Radio Broadcast on cd.Without playing them at this time I seem to remember the theme as being the same as that issued by, I think Scott Black , on kazoolips.

The track that I noted does not have any date or personnel listed, it is just listed among "HOME RECORDINGS 1942-52". For those looking for Snoozer Quinn recordings there is mention made that he is on some of the 24 tracks on the disc, but again no details. The disc is a wonderful collection that came from 78rpm records that were being thrown out in the garbage in 1990 following the death of Raymond Burke but were rescued by Scott. Lots of great material here if your ears are capable of seperating the music from the scratches. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT to serious lovers of the music. Contact  Scott for further details, there is a second volume that I do not have yet.

Cheers,
Glen.