[Dixielandjazz] John Petters ~ Red Allen

richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 17 13:14:22 PDT 2010

John,

I've snipped out all the Allen solos from the Verve sessions Red with Ory.

Agree that the outstanding solo is the 3 choruses Allen takes on I/We've Got Rhythm.
Ain't Misbehavin' solo very good too.

The rhythm changes he obviously knew very well.

Another Red session springs to mind, that with Hawkins (Ride Red Ride ~ RCA), in particular I Cover The Waterfront is outstandingly Red.

Richard (the nearest I get to Red is when lying in the sun too long)