[Dixielandjazz] Clyde Hurley

Beth Schweitzer beth at portafortuna.com
Wed Mar 17 11:49:22 PDT 2010

I have at three different recordings of Glenn Miller doing "In the Mood"
at three different tempos - I wouldn't doubt if there were more. Perhaps
there were different trumpet soloists?

Cheers,
Beth

lrg4003 at aol.com wrote:
> Clyde Hurley was a trumpeter for Glenn Miller and played the featured trumpet solo on "In the Mood" and
> "Tuxedo Junction" among other pieces. He recorded with Matlock and also with Ralph Sutton and Edmond Hall in the Club Hangover sessions. I suspect those are still available.....
>
> K.C. Clarinet

Oops! I belivee that it was Bobby Hackett doing the "In the Mood" solo.
He was actually playing guitar with Miller but was featured on some
recordings on solos. His solo work on Miller's "From one Love to
Another" was oustanding then - and still is.
Clyde was a good player and strong leader in ensembles with Matty and
otehrs, and an in demand studio guy.
Don Ingle