[Dixielandjazz] Recent book of interest! Historic Photos ofNew Orleans Jazz by Thomas L. Morgan

Louis Lince louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 10:50:22 PDT 2010

Hi Ulf,

Sorry for the delay in response but I have been on tour and returned late
last night. You are correct - Buddy Bolden was sent to the hospital in 1907.
The picture in the book is the one we all know that was printed in reverse
format. However the book with all its waonderful pictures is dogged with
errors like the one you have mentioned. For example how can a picture of the
George Lewis band on page 98 list the trombone player as "unidentified".
It's so obviously Jim Robinson. There are other failings in the book...but
it's still worth having

Best

Louis