[Dixielandjazz] Clyde Hurley

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Mar 16 21:45:36 PDT 2010

K.C. Clarinet wrote:
> Clyde Hurley was a trumpeter for Glenn Miller and played the featured trumpet solo on "In the Mood" and
> "Tuxedo Junction" among other pieces.  He recorded with Matlock and also with Ralph Sutton and Edmond Hall in the Club Hangover sessions.  I suspect those are still available.....

Dear KC,
If only.
The Club Hangover sides from 7th and 14th August 1954 (Jazz Archive LP JA-45) are on a Danish Storyville CD (STCD 6052), under Ed Hall's name.
Long gone.
The complete Matty Matlock Rampart Street Paraders sessions are on a Mosaic 8-CD set 'Classic Condon Mob Sessions' MD8-206.
Now out of print.
The well known Columbia "Jam Session Coast to Coast" is not currently available, but turns up secondhand from time on both LP and CD.
Very kind regards,
Bill.