[Dixielandjazz] Snoozer Quinn

Bob Cassady bcassady at booze-bros.com
Mon Mar 15 13:57:48 PDT 2010

All -

My friend Kathryn Hobgood Ray is finishing her Master's thesis at Tulane on her great-uncle, Snoozer Quinn's contribution to the development of solo jazz guitar. She has done some fabulous research and is presenting on WWOZ this Wednesday morning, March 17, at 10:30 a.m. Central time, and she will be talking about Snoozer and playing some of his rare recordings. You can listen online at http://www.wwoz.org/ or tune into WWOZ 90.7 FM if you're in the New Orleans area.

She is also presenting at the French Quarter Festival in April. Her very good website is at http://snoozerquinn.com/, and if any of you have any facts anecdotes or just plain lies you'd like to throw her way, I'm sure she would appreciate the humor. Her e-mail is khobgood at tulane.edu

Best regards,

Bob