[Dixielandjazz] Saint Louis Blues ~ Louis ~ Stan Brager

Jack Mitchell fjmitch at westnet.com.au
Mon Mar 15 00:02:57 PDT 2010

Bill Haesler wrote:-
> He is not represented in my collection, apart from the 'Kind Of Blue'
> album, that I acquired out of curiosity.
> I played it once.

I've also got a copy Bill, but I haven't played it past the first track. I
won it in a raffle - I said "Thanks, I suppose second prize is two CDs by
Miles Davis"

And although most people outside Sydney, including Melbourne, and let's not
bother with the US of A, have never heard of him, let alone heard him, but
Ken Flannery is, or was before he retired from playing, one of the great
trumpet players.

Best wishes
Jack Mitchell