[Dixielandjazz] Wild Bill Whelan and Tommy Saunders

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 8 13:51:16 PST 2010

Both Wild Bill Whelan and Tommy Saunders were influenced by WBDavison.
Both were hot players in the WBD fashion.

To see Wild Bill Whelan circa 1975 go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUdkUMv6ico

To hear snips of Tommy Saunders with the Wild Bill Davison Legacy Band
go to:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/exactly-like-you-live/id269389705

Put your mouse over song title, then click the play symbol at the left.

But don't forget Ernie Carson, also a WBD devotee. See him enduring
the typical shopping center gig that we all played to make enough
money to eat. Perhaps the fans may cut musos a little slack
considering their enduring those kinds of gigs. <grin>

For my money, Carson came closest to WBD, musically and temperamentally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KEv8sNDEVI

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband