[Dixielandjazz] Women's History Month

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 07:49:17 PST 2010

Barb:

I confess to not being aware of Jean Kittrell prior to seeing Beth's mention
of her

However, if you want to learn "Some of These Days" and wish for it to be as
unlike Sophie Tucker's rendition as possible, I might suggest a version of
it
that Bobby Darin did early in his career.

While I do not have the capability of creating an MP3 file to send you, it
is
possible that someone else reading this who has Bobby's recording might be
able
to do so if you expressed an interest in hearing it.

I sang it "Darin-style" with the Smith Street Society Jazz Band once about
40 years
ago and it really brought the house down.........of course, the roof was
caving in before
I climbed onto the bandstand.

Tides,
HC