[Dixielandjazz] British film

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 25 15:42:41 PDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Kashishian" <jim at kashprod.com>
To: <roadie at btinternet.com>
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2010 3:39 PM
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] British film

> Here's a question for those in Britain.  Just saw the beginning of a
> British
> film which was on ITV1 East Anglia starting at 3pm today.  I watched the
> first ten minutes as the various members of the cast wandered through a
> gardens for a flower show.  A dixieland band, including full front line &
> banjo (at least) was playing for those full 10 minutes.  They were often
> seen up close, and in the background wearing blue shirts.  Good band.  Who
> are they?
>
> The film doesn't seem to be old, and is called Midsomer Murders....about a
> rare orchid & the evil behind it.
> Too busy to watch the whole film, but it looks to be fun...and, as I said
> the band at the beginning was good.
>
> Jim

Jim,

The below posting from:
http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Media-and-TV/Question88421.html

~~~~~~~~~~~
 Tue 27/Mar/07)
I cannot tell a lie - it is us The Derek Tatam Chicagoans!

We were constrained by the M M people to using only tunes that were out of
copyright which left us with all the old warhorses - apart from - Davenport
Blues - Bix died young enough for it to be included, the director chose the
very best bit, the break from it.

The sound man kindly gave me a Minidisc of everything we recorded so iif
you'd like a copy name your preferred medium MD, tape or CID I guess.

It's obviously been a long time since you posted your question but hope this
helps.

We also made a brief appearance but a long background play in "Who Killed
**** Robin" an earlier episode.

Derek Tatam

However, http://thedeadrockstarsclub.com/2008b.html ,sadly, lists him as
having died in 2009.