[Dixielandjazz] "Rock" lyrics

Sue Fischer Loerchen2 at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 18:32:59 PDT 2010

Dear Bill,

We're both right (more or less).

I was mistaken -- the actual title of the earliest recording is "My MAN
Rocks Me With One Steady Roll" and it was recorded by Trixie Smith on Black
Swan in Sept. 1922.  The title must have been changed to "Daddy" for the
later recordings.  But 1922 was the first.
http://www.redhotjazz.com/trixiesmith.html

Sue