[Dixielandjazz] Another place to find "young" OKOM musicians

Graham Martin grahmartin at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 21 17:28:08 PDT 2010

Hi Dave,

I was just thinking that your jug bands are what I would call a skiffle
group - from my youth, shades of Ken Colyer and Lonnie Donegan. A certain
very famous pop group from the 60s came out of a skiffle group called The
Quarrymen. No prizes for guessing who. But it does show that skiffle groups
or jug bands, whatever you want to call them, can be a good breeding ground
for any kind of music.

I might be missing something but where are the jugs? I thought that was an
essential part of a jug band.

Best,

Grah

Graham Martin