[Dixielandjazz] FW: Father's Day & other more or less interesting ditties

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Jun 20 03:57:37 PDT 2010

>Dear Jim,
SILLY BOY.
YOu know me.
Never pose a question like that on the DJML.
Here 'tis (as Fats would say)
Kind regards,
Bill.

Great list, Bill, but there is no day listed for Spain under Mother's Day!

Father's Day is as per your list...being a Holy Day.  On top of that, anyone
called Jose calls that his Saint's Day &, at least in the past, was more
important to the Jose's in Spain than their birthdays.

As with bad luck days, such as our Friday the 13th., I am living in Spain,
so ignore that day.  Then, when Spain has its "bad luck day", which is
Tuesday the 13th., I state that I am American & don't have to worry about
that day, either!  The Father's Day/Mother's Day thing I treat more or less
the same way, and don't have to worry too much about those (most likely)
commercially generated festivities.   :>

Jim