[Dixielandjazz] We Shall Walk... (was Give a listen to this quartet from Denmark)

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Jun 19 20:22:12 PDT 2010

Thanks, Bill.  Lots of audiences enjoy an occasional  jazzed gospel tune
and since this tune (Red River Valley/We Shall  Walk) is easily locatable by
all, it's a nice set of lyrics to have on  hand.  I play more often in small
facilities with small  ensembles than anyplace else.  I often print out the
lyrics to  something new but simple (in large print) and introduce it to the
 audience.  Just one way to get rescheduled in such places.

Here's a way I can maybe return the favor.  Please, do not anyone take
religious offense.  But I live in USA "Bible Belt" country and many a  Seasoned
Citizen location has been delighted with these words to the  children's
church song, "Jesus Loves Me".
(It's called, know your audience, before you show up.)
Ginny

“Jesus Loves  Me” --  for Seasoned  Citizens
Jesus loves me this I know          Though my hair is white as snow.
Though my sight is growing dim,   Still he bids me trust in  him.
Chorus:  Yes, Jesus loves me.               Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me.          The Bible tells me so.
Though my steps are oh, so slow          With my hand in His I’ll go
On through life, let come what may.              He’ll be there to lead the
way.
Repeat  Chorus
When the  nights are dark and long   In my  heart he puts a song
Telling me in words so clear   “Have no fear for I am  near”.
Repeat  Chorus
When my work on earth is done, And life’s victories are won.
He will take me home above.                    Then I’ll understand His
love.
Repeat  Chorus
I love  Jesus, does he know?          Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say,    That I love Him every  day.
Repeat  Chorus

In a message dated 6/19/2010 10:02:23 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
bhaesler at bigpond.net.au writes:

>  .......motivated me to search for "We Shall/Will Walk ..." as  an
> early jazz tune, then to look for some lyrics where I hit a  dead  end.
> Ginny

Dear Ginny,
Here 'tis.
Very kind  regards,