[Dixielandjazz] "Behearer" contra "beholder" (was Louis, Duke and BeBop)

W1AB at aol.com W1AB at aol.com
Fri Jun 18 14:48:59 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/18/2010 2:14:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
robert.smith at tele2.no writes:

In  addition to meaning "one who looks", "beholder" also means "one who
takes  notice".

    Hmmmm ... perhaps I should have  clearly stated that my remark was
intended as a joke, revolving around a made-up  word.

    However, had I done that, it would  have taken the edge off the joke.
If you have to explain a joke, or warn  that a joke is coming, it is no
longer a good joke.

    What to do, what to  do...?

                                                    Al (seriously, this
time) B