[Dixielandjazz] Don Mopsick: Relocated and Open for Business

Donald Mopsick dmopsick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 03:43:40 PDT 2010

Dear DJML:

After 19 years playing bass with Jim Cullum, I have now moved back to
Cape Coral FL. It's on the south Gulf coast, south of Tampa and
adjacent to Ft. Myers.

It's the beginning of the rainy season here on the northern edge of
the Everglades, and the sub-tropical daily rains have started. On my
daily morning walks I see many different kinds of birds and other
wildlife native to this area. I'd almost forgotten how thick the area
is with palm trees. So far the Gulf currents are projected to keep the
oil away from our shores, and for now it's the same beautiful place it
was when I left for Orlando in 1983.

I finally got my home office up and running and am now accepting bookings.

I have an airline trunk for the bass and am located close to a large
regional international airport in Ft. Myers. Most bass players these
days prefer to make arrangements to have an instrument available at
the destination because of the expense and the arbitrary, sometimes
difficult airport security procedure. I have one touring engagement
for the fall, other than that I have the "whitest calendar in town."

If you are in FL, I can easily drive to most locations up to Orlando
and the Space Coast. North of Orlando takes more than 3 hrs.but is
still negotiable.

Hope to work with you soon.

By the way, I'm still doing production and writing for the Riverwalk
radio series and website (including the newsletter), so please
continue to contact me with comments, rants and suggestions.

Best,

mopo