[Dixielandjazz] Solos

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 06:02:11 PDT 2010

When this conversaton turned to the matter of the listener's interpretation
of a solo I was bound and determined to stay out of it.

However, following what Bob just had to say on the subject, I must briefly
inject the fact that I must be a freak of nature as I fit the description of
how a musician listens to a solo, rather than that of the non-musician.

I guess what it really depends upon is when Bob offers this analysis of the
situation is he pronouncing the silent "t" in often

Chuckles,
HC.

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)