[Dixielandjazz] Si Tu Vois Ma Mere

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 19:20:28 PDT 2010

Ginny et al

I did a little searching in an effort to come up with some background on the
number you mentioned here but gave up rather shortly.(it's just been
a long day)

But, in the course of doing so, I came upon something very interesting that
I have no idea how many subscribers might be familiar with.

In 1941, as an experiment in overdubbing, Bechet recorded "The Sheik
of Araby", playing SIX instruments.  I have no idea what album you would
find it on. but I thought it might be worth mentioning here.  I do know it
was recorded for RCA Victor.

So, do I at least get a half-star on my chart for that?

Tides,
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)