[Dixielandjazz] Treme & Jack Fine

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 14:13:39 PDT 2010

Posted on another trad jazz list by Eric Hassell:

"Peter Ballance told me that Jack Fine dropped in to Arthur's Tavern
last week, and that he is in Treme.  I hadn't been watching the show,
but when I heard that I turned it on. Sure enough, Jack is there,
though in the scenes I saw he didn't have any lines.  I guess I'll
have to watch the show from now on.  I don't know how long Jack is
back in town, Peter said he'd find out."

Trumpeter Jack Fine gigged in NYC way back in the 40s, 50s and 60s at
various clubs and with various musos including me. We went on the road
together one summer. He moved to the New Orleans area and may still be
living there. I suspect his visit to Arthur's in NYC was part of a
trip. I don't think he plays anymore being north of 80 and having been
through bypass surgery.

Has anyone who knows him seen him on Treme?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband