[Dixielandjazz] Your thoughts on rushing

Bruce Stangeland stangeland at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 09:39:17 PDT 2010

Larry,

I was recently invited to join a well-established Dixieland band. At my
first rehearsal, my first question to the leader was "Who maintains the
beat?"
I was told it was the drummer. Knowing who to sync with is very helpful.
I have been know to both speed up and slow down the tempo.

Cheers,
Bruce Stangeland
Berkeley banjoist

Message: 14