[Dixielandjazz] The man....

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Fri Jun 4 16:38:30 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/4/2010 1:57:55 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jim at kashprod.com writes:

What he  has done with exposing "older" music to the world through his
soundtracks  is another ball game.  Clint Eastwood has done the same, to a
lesser  degree, but I don't believe he surrounds himself with musicians &
goes  out to play publicly.

I agree with that and always enjoyed his films  for it but the only reason
he is allowed to play as a professional at  all is because of his name which
is the only draw for him and the good musicians  he hires to play with him.
The worst of us, OKOM fans, could do that same if we  had the name, in
another field and the money to do it.

Is there really a band leader here who would hire him if he  wasn't Woody
Allen? I doubt that.

Jazz Hugs

Judie