[Dixielandjazz] I know the problem & have solution.

Kit W. Johnson kit at bscjb.com
Fri Jun 4 15:02:49 PDT 2010

Bill wrote... <<<<This guy, this drummer, has a  solution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoDsbSOE_j8>>>>

I'm sure that Bill sent this tongue-in-cheek. However, I really appreciated
what this drummer did. In his idiom he played confidently, with a clear
conception of what he wanted to do in that ensemble, and right in the
pocket. I have no problem with, and frankly welcome, his showmanship in that
particular genre given the accomplishment of those other objectives. The
same principal would apply for me if he were playing backbeat press rolls at
a tenth the volume in a trad band.

Kit W. Johnson
Black Swan Classic Jazz Band
503-292-7673