[Dixielandjazz] Some Birthdays July 29

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:55:11 PDT 2010

Thank you for that , Marek.

I always say I cannot rest until I learn at least one thing new each day
Was that Rinker?.

Incidentally, having heard the Rhythm Boys rendition of "Shine" I came to
realize that it was almost identically duplicated by the Hoboken Four (of
which Frank Sinatra was a part) when they appeared on Major Bowes Amateur
Hour several years later

This of course came to me as little surpise what with Sinatra saying that
Crosby had been his inspiration.

What might come as a surprise though is, that unlike Sinatra, Dean Martin
said that he was far more influenced by Harry Mills of the Mills Brothrs..

So, now I can log off for the day as it is  545 pm central on this fourth
consecutive day of rain in Houston, TX.

The old saying is that rain is good for the rhubarb;  trouble is you can't
find any rhubarb in this hick town

Bless y'all
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)