[Dixielandjazz] Italians Invented Jazz

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 28 13:41:03 PDT 2010

On Jul 28, 2010, at 4:05 PM, Marek Boym wrote:

> Italians might have, if we were to believe Nick La Rocca.
> But you do not possess that new Orleans "Italian" sound.
>
> Which reminds me - for many years I had believed that Irving Fazola
> was of Italian, or at least - Latin origin.  I was wery disappointed
> to find out otherwise.

Dear Marek:

What? You were disappointed to find that Faz was of Polish descent? He
was a great player, wonderful; sound. Very wild guy who lived life to
the fullest and died young because of it. <grin>

Kenny Davern was a great admirer of Fazola.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband