[Dixielandjazz] Don't get around much anymore?

Harry Callaghan meetmrcallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 08:23:24 PDT 2010

As a little Ellington flavor has been added to the mix, I must offer that ,
while not generally regarded as a jazz vocalist, you haven't lived until
you've heard Carly Simon's rendition of "I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good".

It was part of her "Torch" album (circa 1981) arranged and conducted by
Marty Paich with a sax solo by David Sanborn.

I'm sure if the Duke had been alive to hear it, he would have said she done
him proud.

Tides,
HC

--
Alcohol is necessary for a man so that now and then he can have a good
opinion

            - Finley Peter Dunne (1867-1936)