[Dixielandjazz] On the Way to Cape May

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 23 11:54:31 PDT 2010

On Jul 23, 2010, at 1:34 PM, Jerry Gordon wrote:

> No it ain't, but it is a pretty close thing to an OKOM jazz
> festival, and
> it's one of the few (Hot Steamed being another) that's in the
> northeast.
>
> Do you happen to have a url for the Cape May festival? I'd like to
> add it to
> http://aplaceforjazz.org/festivals.htm
>
> Jerry

Hi Jerry:

The event is by the Cape May Traditional Jazz Society. Their URL, home
page, is:

http://www.capemaytraditionaljazzsociety.com/

Their event page is:

http://www.capemaytraditionaljazzsociety.com/2.html

The official name of the event is: "Bourbon Street Comes To Beach
Avenue - September Mardi Gras in Cape May." Full details are not on
their site yet (only the date) but will be posted shortly. I was
giving as much advance notice as possible so that we would inform our
swing dancer fans. They plan up to a year in advance.

BTW, my original note never said there were no OKOM Festivals in the
Northeast. It said only:

>> Perhaps the closest thing to an OKOM jazz festival is coming to
>> CapeMay New Jersey this coming September 17. (Friday)

I figure that's a pretty innocuous statement of fact.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband