[Dixielandjazz] Great Pacific JB (was Shameless Plug)

Ittzés Tamás bohem at fibermail.hu
Thu Jul 22 13:21:42 PDT 2010

Oh, the Great Pacific Jazz Band. I have that CD, great stuff. Jim Turner
plays piano wonderfully, Don Nelson does a fine soprano sax work, I love
Jack Wadsworth bass sax and Ray Templin's drumming is first class. Bob,
of course, plays banjo on it and sings a little. He mentioned the two
brass men, the CD is highly recommended. One of the best albums in OKOM
of "modern times".

Tamas
----------------
The band featured Zeke Zarchy trumpet, Bob Havens Trombone, among
others.  See:

www.ringwald.com/pacific.htm

I have had many requests to reissue the recording we did,

"The Great Pacific Jazz Band, The Music of Louis Armstrong."

I have done so.  The CD is not yet available on CD Baby.  However, it is
available at:

www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

Tamas ITTZES
violin teacher, ragtime pianist, festival organizer
Bohem Ragtime Jazz Band
Kecskemet Jazz Foundation
Mailing address: H-6001 KECSKEMET, Pf. 652., Hungary
Phone: +36(20)82-447-82
E-mails: tamas at bohemragtime.com, bohem at fibermail.hu
Web site: http://www.bohemragtime.com