[Dixielandjazz] Dixieland ~ Swing ~ And?

FLECKNELL RICHARD richard.flecknell at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 22 02:17:27 PDT 2010

Good morning Folks,
I only raised "should CParker be discussed here" because a few years back
when I first joined it was discouraged.

I however have no problem with it but that would be like a Liberal joining
the local Conservative club and asking them to discuss and put into effect
his views. What's that you said "It's already happened" ... never!

Joking aside I'm just as happy taking Mike Lala, Dick Cathcart, Ray Burke,
Capt Handy as Bird, Lee Morgan, and Dan Barrett.

>From the top of my head I now know someone, Steve B, who knew and sometimes
played with the greats in New York during a peak period in Jazz history -
Martin (I think) who heard Al Hirt live when growing up in New Orleans -
Brian Wood, excellent NO historian and personally knew Harold Drob - Jack &
Bill, my OzPals, hope so? - Ginny and the banjo threads - Marek, grand chap,
who recommended some Hirt and PFountain to a sceptical me - got to see Pat
Yankee Birthday gig (wonderful).

Shame Chris Tyler's not around as I'm a Keppard fan too.

That's All folks it's starting sound and feel like an Oscar thanks speech.

Richard
OzOd Capt.

Just one thing more,
Humphrey Lyttleton was responsible for me liking

Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder
Charlie Parker - Out Nowhere
John Coltrane - My Favorite Things

Peter Clayton