[Dixielandjazz] Bob Neighbor Health

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Jul 17 14:57:33 PDT 2010

I worked a lot of gigs with Bob Neighbor in the 60s and 70s.  I was really surprised when he moved to Chicago, and then even more surprised when he moved to Vermont.

I wrote to him and received the following answer:

Rumors of Bob Neighbor's health are greatly exaggerated - he is in very good health.
He is not an e-mail person.
He is playing the trumpet with a community orchestra in Vermont, arranging classical
music for his wife (cellist, when not singing) and daughter (flutist with the New
Bedford Symphony) and himself on mellophone (yep, mellophone) and loving his retirment.
No more muskrats rambling in this house!!!
Sue (the wife)
The Wife of Bob neighbor!!!
Unquote

--Bob Ringwald