[Dixielandjazz] Louie Bellson (was: New Thread: Best Jazz Solos)

David M Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Thu Jul 15 14:41:23 PDT 2010

Lots of Rock drummers did or do, but there is also the trick of double
pedals
(like this: http://www.amazon.com/Signature-Music-Double-Pedal-7199/dp/B000GB3HSK
  ) to get a rapid action!

and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_drum#Double_bass_drum  has a lot
on this subject.

I am getting much more interested in Bass Drumming (just the one
marching drum, maybe with a top cymbal that I will add later)  as I
have been filling in for our regular marching drummer in one band. It
is more interesting than one might think at first...

Dave Richoux