[Dixielandjazz] Happy Event

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 14:34:19 PDT 2010

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the shameless plug, but if any of you are likely to be in Edinburgh on Sunday 1 August, there's a double happy event happening at The Jamhouse, 5 Queen Street at 8:00pm as part of the Edinburgh International Jazz Festival. US trumpeter Duke Heitger is joining forces with my Classic Jazz Orchestra (CJO) to celebrate the music of Louis Armstrong. The concert will also be the launch party for a CD recorded by Duke and the CJO in May 2008, just before the global economy went into nose-dive (perhaps some of you may have noticed this?). To cut a long story short, the CD is only now coming out on Lake Records and a belter it promises to be, with material drawn from right across Louis' 48-year recording career.

We haven't selected the programme for the concert yet, but it's bound to include Cornet Chop Suey, Atlanta Blues, Song of the Islands, Wild Man Blues, Ev'ntide etc from the CD and some new charts like Potato Head Blues and No One Else But You. If you're going to be in Edinburgh, you'll be most welcome at the concert and, if you can make it, come up and say hello. If you can't be there, watch out for the album as it will have international distribution as a CD and for download.

Cheers,

Ken Mathieson
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk