[Dixielandjazz] Fwd: Can you give me any hope?

Roy (Bud) Taylor budtuba at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 14:03:36 PDT 2010

There seems to be a resurgence in swing dancing (Lindy) here in the
Northeast.  We have played a few times for a couple of local clubs including
a college dance at the Rochester Institute of Technology.  These kids are
non-stop dancers...reminds me of some Polish wedding gigs.  Look around for
swing band clubs or teachers in your part of the country and invite them to
attend a concert or two for free.  Once they are hooked...they will join
your club.  To them OKOM is brand new stuff and they will appreciate it and
its history.  --

Roy (Bud) Taylor
Smugtown Stompers Jazz Band
Traditional Jazz since 1958