[Dixielandjazz] Buble, Krall, Jones? Was "(no subject)"

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 07:22:31 PDT 2010

On 9 July 2010 13:02, Pat Ladd <pj.ladd at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi Marek
> you are quite right, there are  a great many bands and some good festivals
> so OKOM ain`t dead yet. But it is never on TV and has a very limited slot on
> radio.
> On TV admittedly there is an occasional biopic of a musician, but it is
> usually hidden away in the middle of Sky Documentaries hardly scheduled for
> a mainstrean audience. This week there were programmes on The Andrews
> Sisters and Tom Jones. Hardly OKOM but acceptable.
> Perhaps we can agree that OKOM is not dead yet but is unlikely to regain the
> full vigour of its youth.

May I point out that, while you are probably correct as to the future,
 OKOM you know was hardly in "the full vigour of its youth," but
rather reincarnated.  It almost died in the mid-thirties, and than was
revived in the forties.

The best proof that something cna happen is that it has.  It happened
once - why not again?

With kind regards