[Dixielandjazz] Searching for obscure songs-- Library of Congress

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Wed Jul 7 15:21:29 PDT 2010

To: DJML

From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola

There have been some queries about search for obscure songs.  Some years
back, I was helping a friend find some obscure songs.  Failing to find them
in the usual places, we wrote the Library of Congress.  They were helpful in
several ways:

..referred us to a University Library which e-mailed us a copy

--referred us to publisher who e-mailed us a copy

-- had some, and if they were out of copyright, sent directly from Library
of Congress.

See Library of Congress website.  There is a department" Ask a Librarian"
and under that category, see Music and Performing Arts.

I hope this will be helpful.  I'd be pleased to hear about your
success/failure rate with this route.

Norman