[Dixielandjazz] Live in Paris at Le Petit Journal - St. Michel!

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Tue Jul 6 21:04:25 PDT 2010

Soundin' good.

It looks like Jean-Pierre Morel on cornet.  If so, that was probably his
"Les Rois du Fox Trot" which means "The Fox Trot Kings."  Jean-Pierre is
a fine lead horn player, band leader and arranger.  I don't know the
second cornet, but normally it should have been Shona Taylor, a fine
playing Scotswoman.  All the way against the wall looks like Michel
Bescont, a fine reed man indeed.  In any case, Jean-Pierre has only the
finest.  I am guessing that Gérard Gervois would be on a Conn 24J tuba
he bought from Bob Rann.  Then, on banjo, there was probably either
Nicolas Peslier or Irishman Alan Kelly, both excellent strummers.

Looks like fun was had by all.

All the best, Gary

On 05/07/2010 11:09, Barb Jordan wrote:
> Salutations a tous mes amis!
>
> Well, I finally made it to YouTube!
>
> Please search for the following: BarbPetitJournalJuly2010 and have listen to a rendition of After You've Gone which I had the great fortune to sing with a superb orchestre at Le Petit Journal - St. Michel a couple of evenings ago.
>
> The sound is pretty good, and that is really me (backside view only!)
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Barbar
Gary Kiser
34, rue du Président Wilson