[Dixielandjazz] Buble, Krall, Jones? Was "(no subject)"

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 06:53:09 PDT 2010

> <<Not so, pat, not so...>>
>
> Glad to hear it Marek, the rearguard battles on, but unfortunately thats all
> it is, it will never be a frontal assault again.

It looked at least as unlikely at the end of 1939 (the Big Bear jam session).

 Take your grandaughter to
> some jazz, I have done the same with mine but where will she hear any
> more?.Getting to a performance a couple of times a year is nothing compared
> to the environment we grew up in . Jazz and swing and general `dance music`
> on every radio station, parlour piano and juke box.

Perhaps you did; I did not.  It was only around 1954 that jazz got its
"imprimatur;" until then, it was the product of decadent capitalist
culture).

And anyway, a when the British revival started it was difficult to
imagine that trad would soon become THE popular music in the UK.

Perhaps you should open your Bible and read what The Preacher had to
say.  I cannot quote him in any language other than the original
(Hebrew), but I am afraid it would not do the trick.  And not, I am
not preaching any return to religion.

Cheers,
Marek (who is going to finish a bottle of wine for dinner for two tonight)