[Dixielandjazz] Lead Sheet Request

Ken Mathieson ken at kenmath.free-online.co.uk
Sun Jul 4 13:58:46 PDT 2010

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the begging letter, but I'm in a bit of a rush to write some charts on Armstrong-related material for a concert with Duke Heitger on 1 Aug in the Edinburgh Jazz Festival and it will save a lot of time and therefore stress if I don't have transcribe the tunes from scratch. If anyone could send No-one Else But You and Heah Me Talkin' I should be very grateful.

Incidentally, that concert on 1 Aug will also be the launch of a new CD on Lake Records by my Classic Jazz Orchestra with Duke guesting (and playing his socks off). It's all Armstrong material from right across his career and the final mix sounds terrific. We recorded it in May 2008, just in time for the global economy to crash in flames, so it's taken 2 years to get it to market. In the interim, the financial crisis and the march of technology have changed the record business enormously, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance,

Ken Mathieson
www.classicjazzorchestra.org.uk