[Dixielandjazz] Hungarians in UK and the power of the DJML

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sat Jul 3 01:49:56 PDT 2010

Tamas and the Bohems will be arriving in the UK on Monday 5th July.
Anyone like Pat Ladd (actually there /is /no-one like Pat Ladd :-) ) who
lives an hour or so away from our village near Witney, Oxon will be
missing a treat if they don't come to their concert on Tues July 6th.
We've got an award winning campsite 4 miles away so if you live further
afield and feel like having a couple of days close to the Cotswolds get
the "campers" out  and caravans hitched up! Just email me for details.
The band is staying here for 3 days and "Micky" has promised to cook
KEMÉNYLEBBENCS.

BBC Radio Oxford are coming to soak up the "atmos" which must be
youthspeak for atmosphere!  They'll be  interviewing some of the band
and audience for a global music series which goes out in the Autumn.

Almost certainly, none of this would have happened without the DJML.
Tony and I "met" Bill (sadly missed) and Bev Gunter over twelve years
ago on the DJML and our first real meeting was in Bath where Pat Ladd
had a gig. Subsequently we met up in various parts of the US and Europe.

Our first trip to Hungary was just one of these meetings; we had no idea
just what a splendid occasion it would be.  This will be the band's 2nd
trip to the Uk so they've got a lot of catching up to do as we've been
to their festival 5 times.  Maybe if you'd like to host a gig next time
they come, you too could eat KEMÉNYLEBBENCS

Cheers
Jude

www.judyeames.co.uk